Consumer Complaint as provided under Section
21(a)(i) of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, where the value of the goods
or services and compensation, if any, claimed, exceeds Rupees One Crore is
to be filed in with the Registry of this Commission within a period of two
years from the date on which the cause of action has arisen. Complaint can
be filled on all working days (Monday to Friday) between 10:00 A.M. to 4:30
P.M. at Ground Floor ‘Upbhokta Nyay Bhawan’, ‘F’ Block, General Pool
Office Complex, INA, New Delhi-110 023. Consumer Complaint should be
signed by the complainant and supported by a Notarised attested
affidavit with 1+3 sets + Number of Opposite Parties
cover) The Consumer Complaint along with all the copies should be
paginated and duly indexed in the following seriatim:
2. List of Dates
3. Memo of Parties (with fresh complete addresses & telephone no.)
4. Complaint with Notarised attested affidavit
5. Supporting documents in favour of complaint e.g. receipt, voucher etc. (All the Annexures must be attested as True
Copy on the last page with name & signature)
6. Application for condonation of delay with Notarised attested affidavit, if beyond limitation. (2 years from cause of action)
7. Fee for Rs.5,000/- for making Consumer Complaint (Demand Draft in favour of “The Registrar, NCDRC, New Delhi”)
1. The documents shall be filed in English language only or translated copy of any other language, duly typed in double
space on one side of the paper. If any supporting documents are not legible the same will not be accepted until clear
legible/photo copies are filed.
2. If the documents are
not filed as per in the format mentioned above the same will be returned
to the parties at the
counter itself without acknowledgement and will only be registered after removing the defects
3. After the issue of notice, any documents in a case, the same has to be served on the other side and 1+3 sets be filed
with proof of service. No document will be accepted unless filed two days (working days) in advance from the date of
4. Henceforth, the review petition/application for recalling of order will be listed before the bench by way of circulation in
5. The counsel or the parties appearing in person are filing a common petition / appeal against common order passed by
the State Commission in a bunch of appeals / complaints. It causes inconvenience to the Hon’ble Benches to decide
the independent issues pertaining to each matter, such as award of different amounts to different parties, etc. Hence,
the Hon’ble President is pleased to direct the parties / Counsel to file independent or separate appeals/revision
petitions, against each appeal/complaint decided by the State Commission in the common order.
6. No. of copies to be filed in the Commission 1+3 sets + Number of Opposite Parties (with File cover).
7. Caveat Application filed in the Commission in Revision Petition and First Appeal has to be filed in 1+3 sets along
with proof of service on Opposite Parties and also copy of order of the State Commission.
8. Application for Certified copy of order must be made on Letter Head with signature & Rubber stamp by counsel with
a statement that first free certified copy has not been received either by the party-in-person or their counsel.
9. Duplicate certified copy shall be issued on payment basis as per Regulation with a clear endorsement that earlier first
free certified copy was sent by post at the address of the party-in-person or to their Counsel/Authorized Representative.